Cards are classified by various attributes including: element, rarity, stats, and skill.
There are five elements in Valkyrie Crusade which are:
Elements characterize a card and offer a damage bonus against their opposite type (Passion↔Cool, Light↔Dark).
Every card is branded with its abbreviated rarity in the upper-left corner of the card.
- Normal / High Normal
- Rare / High Rare
- Super Rare / High Super Rare
- Ultimate Rare / High Ultimate Rare
- Legendary Rare / High Legendary Rare
Higher rarity cards generally have higher stats and better skills, but also a lower chance of being obtained.
Stats consist of various properties including:
- Level (Overall power)
- Card cost (Usage cost in team)
- Attack (Increases damage dealt)
- Defense (Reduces damage taken)
- Soldiers (Number of hit points)
Often a deciding factor for a card's usefulness is the skill. The majority of cards have only one skill. Secondary skills exist only on special cards. LR cards all have 2 skills and an optional equippable third custom skill. For the full list of skills, descriptions, and upgrade chart see the main article on Skills.